RSCArea
A little more than a month now... / News / RSCArea - Runescape Classic Private Server
Runescape Classic Private Server - RSCArea forums.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Not signed up? Simply Register Here to join us!

Always use a correct email address as you will need it to communicate and access options about your characters.

#1 2020-11-15 23:19:23

Trill
Administrator

A little more than a month now...

ok, so we have kept the server online for the past month and it seems there is very low interest in this game.

Reason: if no one logs in the game for minimum of an 8 hour period then the database will kick offline and it needs to be restarted.

I've had to do this every day for over a month now. Im not sure what else players wanted here -- maybe this is not the type of server people are looking for?

With this said its safe to say we are not growing and will die if there is no change.

What kind of change you may say? pk serverish stuff? bosses, easy stuff to do?

Im just voicing out because the people that were here haven't.

As always - all the best trillrscarea

We Think, Therefore we Are.

#2 2020-12-14 19:44:21

theenate

Re: A little more than a month now...

the client is ass dude lol, right click comes out as left click unless you downgrade your java version which no one is gonna go out of their way to do

every time i bring up issues or suggest improvements, you just brush it off like it's a me problem and tote around like your server is god's gift

too much focus on original content when the base game itself isn't solid yet, you did the same thing with rscslay

not trying to be a dick - this is meant to be constructive criticism, like i've been trying to give since your last server, but nothing is ever heard. hope you can revamp this one for the new year, or maybe your next server will be a big hit

taking the time to write this because your servers always have so much potential if you just ironed out the bugs.. best of luck to you

#3 2020-12-22 16:37:15

B e a t z
Area Supporter

told you add the rares to the game u didnt care to listen you killed it.

#4 2020-12-26 09:55:28

machinegunkelby
Area Supporter

It was the lack of support for me. I remember on three separate occasions I was stuck in a bugged area, and couldn’t play for over a day, just kept having to log in and ask for someone, and no one was ever there. Plus, you never took advantage of easy opportunities. I offered my help, as I have over 20k people following my social media pages and I offered FREE advertising, but nothing ever came of it. A lot of them played RS classic with me.

#5 2020-12-30 15:01:40

Trill
Administrator

@ theenate The client works perfectly fine with Java 8 which is still the standard for production use. If you didn't know a computer can have multiple java versions on it. As far a saying the server is gods gift and never listening to you -- i don't see that as issues you brought to me i fixed and i thanked you for doing so. For the game content trying to keep it original as possible while adding in new items and quirks yes i admit that i did try and do that. As i can see now it looks like no one but a few people want the same stuff and try to keep rsc feel while adding in new things--  they want crazy, easy, pk type of server.

@ beatz yeah we definitely needed rares in the game, but when i posted events in advance the server didnt have enough people and peeps didnt show up to disperse them. don't get me wrong i wanted to.

@machinegunkelby The only spot that you could get stuck was the grand tree and there was nothing there with rarely anyone who adventured to there. Yes i admit trying to get bck out was bugged and it was an easy fix --  a simple door issue. I was on every single day that people were on playing so i find it hard to believe no one was ever there... AS far as easy oppurtunities, YES you did offer to retweet a twitter post so i made a twitter and waited for you to log in and email you which you never showed up until 3 weeks later without logging on or replying... i was on everyday looking for you bro

I appreciate the criticism and total blunt opinions and responses.. As far as the server goes i still have it online and would like to get it going -- im just unsure that people wanted the type of server that i was initially trying to go for as it showed. IT seems people wanted more than RSC they wanted multiple different higher weapons, stats, monsters/bosses, and easier shit.
Maybe this is the only hope for a successful server that is fun to play???

We Think, Therefore we Are.

Board footer